Do you ever wake up in the morning feeling nauseated? More than half of all pregnant women experience morning sickness. Some women experience "Morning Sickness" in the evening and an unlucky few feel it all day long!
The nausea is a result of the increased hormones in your body. Many doctors think morning sickness is a good sign because it means the placenta is developing well. See--it's good to feel like trash! That means your baby is healthy. :)
If you have been feeling sick, try out some of these tips to alleviate your symptoms:
- Eat small meals often
- Drink fluids 1/2 hour before or after a meal, but not with meals
- Drink small amounts of fluids during the day to avoid dehydration
- Eat soda crackers 15 minutes before getting up in the morning
- Eat whatever you feel like eating, whenever you feel you can
- Ask someone else to cook for you and open the windows or turn on fans if the odor bothers you
- Get plenty of rest and nap during the day
- Avoid warm places (feeling hot adds to nausea)
- Eat salty potato chips ( they have been found to settle stomachs enough to eat a meal)
- Sniff lemons or ginger, drink lemonade, or eat watermelon to relieve nausea
Since it is officially the First Day of Summer
I recommend using that last tip today. Grab yourself a small
glass of real lemonade and cool off. (I like the brand Simply Lemonade
. You can find it in the refrigerated juices section at the grocery store.) Beat the heat and beat that nausea with a bit of refreshing lemonade!
“The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you.” ~ Unknown
Don't you love that quote? I sure do. It is just awesome.
FYI: I have been working my way around Facebook, finding childbirth friends, and learning a lot of new stuff. I even created a Facebook Page for Grow Happy Babies. Check it out if you want! We like new friends. It is amazing to see how many people out there believe the same things I do and are rooting for mama's to have a calm and enjoyable birth experience. Time to show the world what a bunch of powerful woman can do...